The North American International Auto Show - known colloquially as the Detroit Auto Show - might be in the Motor City, but the new cars that debut in Southeast Michigan's manufacturing metropolis come from automakers all across the globe.
Haven't been able to catch all of the automotive action? Read on for Leftlane's look at the show's highlights and a complete list of debuts.
The Big Debuts
- BMW M4 - Formerly known as the M3, the Blue Roundel's high-performance coupe gains a new name and loses two cylinders, with the old V8 making way for a torquier twin-turbo straight-six. It's also 178 lbs. lighter than before, which should be a boon for both performance and efficiency.
- Chevrolet Corvette Z06 - With 625 horsepower and 635 lb-ft of torque, America's sports car just got a whole lot faster. The new Z06 also brings a plethora of new technologies to the Corvette range, including an eight-speed automatic and a Performance Data Recorder system.
- Chrysler 200 - Chrysler hasn't fielded a truly competitive midsize sedan in recent memory, but the new 200 sure looks shapely. A handsome interior and an efficient nine-speed automatic shouldn't hurt the 200's cause, either.
- Ford F-150 - The next-generation of America's best-selling vehicle makes extensive use of lightweight aluminum as a means of shedding up to 700 lbs. and improving fuel economy. Dapper looks inspired by last year's Atlas concept also set the 2015 F-150 apart.
- Lexus RC F - Lexus is officially getting serious about becoming the "new BMW." Want evidence? Check out the RC F, which boasts a 450 horsepower V8, agile rear-wheel-drive dynamics and a three-mode torque vectoring system. It also sports perhaps the meanest maw ever fitted to a vehicle.
- Mercedes-Benz C-Class - Ready for a "budget" S-Class? The new C is moving upmarket to make room for the entry-level CLA, and as a result is more luxurious and tech-packed than ever before.
Other World Debuts
- Acura TLX Concept
- Audi allroad crossover concept
- Audi Q3
- BMW 2-Series
- Cadillac ATS Coupe
- Dodge Dart Blacktop
- GMC Canyon
- Honda Fit
- Hyundai Genesis
- Infiniti Q50 Eau Rouge Concept
- Kia GT4 Stinger Concept
- Mercedes-Benz GLA45 AMG
- Mercedes-Benz S600
- MINI JCW Concept
- Nissan Sport Sedan Concept
- Porsche 911 Targa
- Ram 1500 Mossy Oak Edition
- Subaru WRX STI
- SRT Viper Grand Touring
- Toyota FT-1 concept
- Volkswagen Beetle Dune Concept
- Volkswagen Passat BlueMotion Concept
- Volvo XC Coupe Concept