By Nick Aziz
Monday, Mar 27th, 2006 @ 8:42 am
DaimlerChrysler this weekend said it plans to cease production of the Smart ForFour compact car. The company said it will now focus exclusively on the ForTwo -- a two-seater version of the car. The company also said it plans to inject roughly $1.2 billion into the troubled automaker. Last week, Leftlane reported that Chrysler had decided to keep Smart, despite pressure from investors to sell it. Previously, Smart killed another model series, the roadster and coupe. It recently sold the rights to those models to British consortium "Project Kimber." DaimlerChrysler has said it plans to unveil a new Smart ForTwo in April 2007.

Here at Leftlane, we believe the contributions of the community are just as valuable as those of our staff. The Web, at its core, is a medium for information sharing and communication. We strive to provide good information, but without you—the community member—there is no communication. Read More>>