Frank Washington, a fellow automotive journalist, was brutally mugged earlier this year while taking an early morning walk through his Detroit neighborhood. The attack left Mr. Washington severely injured and his injuries even required reconstructive surgery to repair the fractured bones in his face.
Since the attack, a fund has been setup in Mr. Washington's name at the Charter One Bank in Michigan to help with his mounting medical costs. In order to give a boost to the fund, spy photographer Brenda Priddy has gathered some interesting automotive paraphernalia to sell on eBay -- with all proceeds going directly the the Frank Washington Fund. Click here for the eBay auction page.
The items initially auctioned included:
- A series of five 2008 Dodge Challenger prototype pistol grip shifters from the Dodge Design Studio
- Two original framed mid-engine Corvette sketches from the Corvette Design Studio, circa 1973.
- A rare BMW 'sculpture' model (circa 1981)
- A $1200 Michelin gift certificate.
- A 5-hour Bob Bondurant high-performance driving class
And now, Brenda Priddy, Volvo and the producers of Fast and Furious 4 are teaming up to offer a set of Volvo wheels supplied to the movie. Proceeds from the auction will again benefit the Frank Washington Fund. See the auction here.